Luckily, we had a gas-fireplace-type heater unit in our kitchen that saved us. We brought the LoveSac into the kitchen and we played games, read and hung out all day. Tadd walked to our storage unit about a mile away, since he couldn't get our car out because of broken limbs blocking the driveway, to get propane we have with all our emergency items so we were able to use our gas camping stove and lanterns. The hot water didn't go out, so we were able to take a lot of long warm showers to help stay warm too. We couldn't blow-dry our hair, so no one wanted to wash their hair. For Yardley and me it would have taken hours to dry on it's own. I think that was the worst part of all of this for me and the girls. I wore a baseball cap around and Tadd said I looked like I had one of those hats with the fake hair attached to it. For Tadd I think trying to find a place to work was the hardest. On Thursday we ended up going to Pantera Bread and having lunch while he checked his emails and then we went to see a couple movies just to stay warm. His work couldn't have been more understanding though and told him not to worry about it (which he was stressed about - a lot.) At the time it didn't seem like a Kodak moment, but looking back now I wish I would have gotten pictures of our "camp" and my hair, and some of the other things that made this a pretty memorable week. But here are a few pictures of what the storm left behind.
BEFORE
AFTER
8 comments:
BRRR!! The pictures do look pretty though. Miss you all.
I'm glad that the tree didn't hit the house and that you guys were able to stay warm. I had never wanted a fireplace more. But it really did look really pretty.
Wow! Those ice storms can get quite crazy, can't they? So impressed how prepared you all were. Now we know where to go in case of an emergency. Hope you all are warming up. We miss you.
Wow Linda, It looks cold! It reminds me of how things were here the 2 weeks before Christmas. Hope it all goes away soon!
this is probably the only time when you can say that you would rather deal with the cold here in utah! i thought it was freezing where we are! Miss you All!!!
beautiful photo's!
Hey, what is Yardley's blog address? We want to check it out! Love ya, The Breinholt's!
Post a Comment