Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yea, No More Dreaming of Pasta!




Tadd volunteered last year to put on a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser to raise money for the Scouts to go to Scout Camp, and now it's been turned into an annual event, that I think they'll probably keep going once we're gone. Last weekend was the 2nd Annual Dinner. I managed the kitchen while Tadd managed the Scouts who were "waiters" in the "restaurant." The YM in our branch are amazing. No one complained about their jobs, they all get along, and they all took their jobs very seriously. Some of them even drew on mustaches to look a little more authentic. I love our YM -- they're all such good kids. We had a maitre d' that seated people as they came in and gave them their utensils that we'd wrapped with a napkin and a thank you note, then their waiter took their order and they were served a salad with their choice of 4 dressings, and while they waited they could order an Italian soda in various flavors, and then would receive their order of Spaghetti, followed by a lovely dessert that was prepared by scratch from each scout.

It was a wonderful evening. Everything ran fairly smoothly. I had awoken every morning the week prior thinking how we could get the spaghetti noodles cooked quicker because that was our only hang-up last year, and this year that was our big hang up too. I'm so glad it's over. It's a big event to put on. But I have to tell G'ma Jearldene and G'pa Kenny thank you for all your ideas and for mailing a bunch of Italian stuff to us. It was a big help! This year we made TWICE what we made the year prior. Hopefully next year will raise even more! Thank you to everyone that attended. The boys loved putting this on, and it was a great experience for everyone involved.

3 comments:

memoriesinthemaking said...

I just had flash backs of mine and Matt's open house with all the Italian decor and gelados. What a fun activity you guys put on. I don't know if they'll be able to make it run so well in the future without you guys.
mikel

Laura Jansson said...

That was such a great night! Good work to you all and everyone who helped! :)

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

That looks like SO much fun! Sorry we couldn't make it...but it looks like it went VERY WELL!