Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Now THATS a Snow Day


Isn't it so pretty! Last night we got word that school would be canceled again today because of snow and ice. It snowed about 2 inches at our house and then the ice and freezing rain came in and made it pretty slick on the roads, so it was a legit day to stay home. We had a lot of fun making valentines for the girls to take to school on Thursday. We'd taken an idea from Family Fun to do play dough in the shape of a heart with a tag that says "Dough You Want to be My Valentine?" Cute huh? They turned out great -- Graesie carved the word "LOVE" into hers with some dots. They are soooo excited to pass them out. Yardie is apparently gettin' too old to pass out valentines, so she just helped us with Graesie and Tatum's.

Later on Graesie wanted to go out and explore in the snow. Tatum wanted to go with her, but she wasn't dressed appropriately, so I told her to run up and get her clothes and I'd put them on. I forgot I'd sent her up for them and when I came out of my bedroom a few minutes later, this is what I found outside. What you can't see is that she has Tadd's shoes on. At least she remembered gloves!
This is a chunk of ice Graesie took from the deck railing.
BURRRRRRRRR!

7 comments:

Ashly said...

those valentines are ADORABLE! we might steal that idea for our neighbor friends..... too cute!

Ashly said...

those valentines are ADORABLE! we might steal that idea for our neighbor friends..... too cute!

Ashly said...

sorry. got spastic with the mouse and double posted.... *sigh*

Laura Jansson said...

I love the valentines! What a cute idea. And, of course, I love the tutu and Daddy's shoes. Hilarious. That girl is one of a kind!

memoriesinthemaking said...

What a fun day off of school. We had a good storm here yesterday. Cars were piled up on I-15 and stuck there through the night. Kids from Highland couldn't get home from school and ended up sleeping at school last night. There was even a report that a lady was on the way to the hospital to have a baby, but because the weather and traffic was so bad she had it on the road. It has been a crazy winter across the country.
By the way I always leave your blog up so I can listen to your music throughout the day. I love your choices!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

The tutu and Dad's shoes are great! Glad she remembered the gloves! What a gal you have there! Makes me really miss ours being little!

yardie said...

i love the snow picture of outside! it's so preaty! love ya!