Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Dreaded F-Word






No, not that one, the other one....FORTY! Tadd celebrated his Fortieth Birthday on Saturday. Yardie's school had their basketball playoffs which, had we won, could have been an all day event, but once you lost one game you were eliminated. Sadly (ha ha) we lost our first game and were out of there early. It was her last game for the school year, so we had mixed emotions -- glad that we get our lives back, but sad to see it end. She had a lot of fun, made some new friends, and had a really good experience.

Later that night we met some of our friends at Outback for a great dinner. Our friend Dave is a pilot and had reworked his whole schedule to be there. It was really sweet, and Tadd really appreciated it.

After dinner, our family went to the Boat & RV show. We went last year, and it was the highlight of Tatum's life. She talked about boats for months. We like to go and dream. I love boats, Tadd loves motorhomes, and the kids love them both (as you can see by the pictures) so we had a great time -- we closed the place up. I think we were the last ones out.

Tadd got a Cuisinart ice cream maker for his birthday, so Sunday after dinner we tried it out and made mocha ice cream with toasted coconut -- it was really good. It's so much easier than the old versions with salt and ice.

2 comments:

Ashly said...

looks like you guys had a great time :) 40 is the new 20 or something like that, isn't it??? lol :)

Tadd & Linda said...

Hey Ash, I should have thought to ask you guys too. They asked if they could go with us, and then I just didn't think to invite anyone else. I'm a loser like that. Love me anyway, k?