Thursday, December 27, 2007

Only 365 days left


It's hard to believe it's all over. Boo. Tadd's anxious to get the tree down now (that's just not happening though) and yesterday he'd taken the day off and it was killing him doing nothing. We just wanted to play games all day and go shopping, but he wanted to take the lights down on the house. Bah humbug. He loves Christmas as much as I do, but when it's over, it's over. He gets that from his dad. Christmas was awesome this year. It's kind of a blur though, I think we've been surviving the Christmas rush on rum balls and peanut butter marshmallow "protein" bars (Jearldene know's what I'm talking about) and it just all seemed to pass way too quickly.

Christmas Eve started out by going to the movie to see National Treasure and while we were out the elves left jammies for the girls on their beds, as they do every year. The girls love this tradition. Then they each opened a gift. I thought it was cute that the gift they each chose was from each other. Then we read the story of Christ's birth in Luke and sent the girls off to bed early because we tracked Santa on NORAD and he was very close. But Graesie was so excited that she couldn't sleep. When Santa tried to drop gifts off to the girls Graesie heard him and came out on the landing to see what he was up to... luckily Santa was grabbing something from his sleigh and she only saw some of the presents. He decided to swing by some other houses before coming back to ours and having Tadd and I put the presents out for him. It was a long night for poor Santa....

Christmas morning started early. We told the girls they couldn't get out of bed before 6 am, but it ended up more like 5:30. Needless to say, I didn't get enough beauty sleep, so I'm not in any of the pictures...I know, you're super sad. Last year the girls ripped into the presents, and it was over in about a half hour so this year we made them slow down and take turns. That worked out a lot better. Then we had our traditional Christmas breakfast of cottage cheese pancakes (Tadd's family tradition...ewww) and blueberry coffee cake (my family tradition...yummm.) It was a very relaxing morning, that led us into a fun evening with our good friends that came over for Dinner and an evening of games. We were so grateful to have them. It made it seem a lot more like Christmas with lots of kids running around and a big dinner. We hope all of our family and friends had a great Christmas too.

0 comments: