Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Advanced Reading Reward

At Graesie's school this semester her grade was rewarded for meeting a personal 100% goal in AR reading. Graesie was one of the first in her class to reach it, but all the children reached their goals and were able to enjoy an afternoon of bowling at Kingpin bowling alley. I met the buses there, because I brought Tatum with me, and was surprised by what a nice place it was.

I had Graesie and two of her classmates in my group. We started with lunch -- everyone ate their sack lunches. Then once everyone was finished eating we bowled two games. The kids in my group were so cute -- every time someone was up, they'd say "Ok, get a strike!" and they'd cheer each other on. Tatum was a little timid at first -- she didn't like the loud noises or the rumbling floor, but she warmed up to it pretty quickly and started picking up the 6 lb. ball and throwing it down the alley (or once down someone else's alley -- woops!) Graesie won the second round (I don't know, is that what you call it in bowling?) with a score of 116! The boys in our group were really impressed that she got into the triple digits. She's a pretty good little bowler! Who knew?!

1 comments:

Ashly said...

yep- graesie would kick my can in bowling any day. If I break 50 it's a good game...... GO GRAESIE!