Friday, May 23, 2008

Letters to My Friends

(Thank you Alexis for this idea) Every few days in Preschool the children would rotate and take turns telling their friends a little something that they wanted them to know. The teachers would write what they said in the form of a letter for the class on large paper and then hang them on the wall. They were pretty funny. Most of Tatum's were totally made up, which made them even funnier. Here they are:

November 13, 2007
Dear friends,
My job today is five more minutes.
Love,
Tatum

December 12, 2007
Dear friends,
Mommy is in the garage
helping daddy.
Love,
Tatum

(the funny thing about this one is that at our first parent-teacher meeting about this time, her teachers asked me "what are ya'll doin' in the garage? Tatum is always saying that mommy and daddy are in the garage!" - with a wink wink. We had been in the process of cleaning out the garage and tagging for a garage sale and tossing away 13 years of junk, which took probably two weeks. I don't know what she was eluding to!)

January 15, 2008
Dear friends,
I have a white necklace.
I wore it at Christmas.
Love,
Tatum

February 6, 2008
Dear friends,
Mommy, Daddy, Graesie
and Yadie are at my house.
Love,
Tatum

March 3, 2008
Dear friends,
Mommy, Daddy went to
church. I played toys in the
nursery.
Love,
Tatum

March 25, 2008
Dear friends,
Mommy is helping Daddy
help me to eat grapes. I like
grapes.
Love,
Tatum

April 17, 2008
Dear friends,
My sister is really sick.
She is at home. Her name
is Yardley.
Love,
Tatum
(Yardie wasn't really sick!)

May 1, 2008
Dear friends,
My mommy and daddy got
hurt in the car. Graesie got hurt
on the road and screamed. Graesie
got a band-aid on her knee.
Love,
Tatum
(not sure about Tadd and I in the car, but Graesie did wreck on her bike and need a band-aid.)

1 comments:

memoriesinthemaking said...

Those are so cute. Kids are funny how they come up with such random statements. Faylene and I were talking the other day about Tatum and the last memory we have of her is when she was about Myles' age (maybe a little bigger). What happened though? She is darling!