To all the mother's everywhere, I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing day.
My family surprised me, after letting me sleep in, with this beautiful basket filled with all of my favorite goodies; a small silver charm in the shape of a heart that said "mom," some caramel hazelnut chocolates, a couple of my favorite magazines (and yes, I am totally embarrassed they're not the Ensign, but I know Stacey and Jen understand - yes, I just outed you,) my favorite gum, and a pair of very cute khaki shorts along with some beautiful roses. The girls picked everything out for me. It was very sweet and thoughtful. And they gave me the day off from doing anything -- I got to be a bum all day! Tadd made Dinner and did all the dishes and after made some ice cream sandwiches with homemade ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. They were delicious! It's been a wonderful day. My family rocks. I love being married to Tadd and being the mom to such awesome girls. I'm a lucky gal.
I also wanted to mention my fantastic mom. I wish I could have been in Utah to spoil her a little bit today. I'm very lucky to have such a great mom. She's a really wonderful person. Growing up she made everything very special. Packages were always wrapped with special care, and holidays she spent baking and decorating so that everything was magical. She stayed up on several occasions sewing various dance costumes and Sunday dresses. And I can't even count the number of times she's come out to help us with moves or babies or other stressful occasions and always is such a huge help. She's always been my best friend. I know whenever I have a problem, even today, I can call her and ask her what to do. I love you mom. I know we're not sappy people, but I'm truly grateful to have had your influence in my life, and for the love that you've shown to me and my family. I hope my girls will always feel the love I have for them like I do with you. And I pray they have a better memory than we do.
4 comments:
That's so sweet! I love what your girls (and Tadd) did! :) Wes spoiled me, too, but I can't wait till Bethany is older and can be as sweet as your girls to do fun things like that. :)
I wish we could have Mothers Day more often don't you? I also got to sleep in, Josh cooked me breakfast, and dinner, bathed the kids, and let me have peace and quite while I got ready, which I never get, usually Bryson is into everything in the bathroom, you think he would catch on that he shouldn't get into things, but no, I have to remind him every day. I'm glad that your day was just as great!
I've gotta say your mom is a dang good grandma also. When are you coming!?
Isn't it wonderful to be a Mom? And to have a wonderful Mom? And to have a wonderful husband and family?!? Sounds like you had a great day! Mother's Day is so Nice!
Post a Comment